Saturday 4 April 2015

Cinnamon Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Chips



I’m a lover of sweet potatoes!  I seriously have one almost every day….I know, don’t judge!  I’m telling you I love them!  These sweet potato chips are my new favorite.  I miss crunchy little things called chips!  Why not make sweet potato and carrots into chips to satisfy that need of a crunchy snack?  Throw in some salt and cinnamon and you have one addicting snack.  Trust me, I had to fight little hands off from eating them all.

These chips are super easy to make.  I made the carrot chips first and then the sweet potato chips.  Just a note the carrot chips will curl up into little tiny bites and the sweet potato chips will brown slightly on the edges….you want that to happen to both of them so when it happens, it’s ok.  I also recommend that you eat these up right away.  They don’t store as well and don’t have the crunch the next day.  I don’t think you’ll have any problem, these disappear quickly.

Another thing, I choose sea salt and cinnamon for a sweet snack.  But you can spice these up and change up the spices to fit what you are in the mood for.  Enjoy guys!  I hope you like them as much as my family did.


Cinnamon Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Chips

To Make Carrot Chips:
4 carrots
Olive Oil
Sea Salt

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a mandoline or a knife and thinly sliced carrots into rounds.  Lightly toss the carrots in olive oil and sea salt.  Don’t over saturate the carrots with olive oil, only a light coating.
Bake chips for 45 minutes. Set aside and allow cool on wire rack.



To Make Sweet Potato Chips:

1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Peel skin off the sweet potato and discard.  Continue to peel the sweet potato with peeler making lots of thin strips of the sweet potato.  Put the strips onto prepared baking sheet and drizzle olive oil, sea salt, and cinnamon.  Using fingers, toss the potatoes to evenly coat the strips of sweet potato.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and crispy.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.



Take both chips and toss together with additional sea salt and cinnamon.  Enjoy!!

Thanks for information: http://www.multiplydelicious.com/
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

25 Best Recipes



Popular Articles

Sedona vs Excalibur