Saturday 28 March 2015

Recipe of Dehydrate Apples With A Food Dehydrator

When life gives you free apples, make apple chips I say.  Not only are apple chips incredibly delicious, they are good for you too.  The Girl and I made several batches of dehydrated apples over the weekend, and now they are all gone.  The only problem of course, is keeping them in the pantry.
Yesterday, as Monkey Boy was packing his lunch for school, I noticed he had stuffed an entire quart sized bag of apple chips in his lunch sack.  I stood there staring at him for a good 10 seconds trying to decide whether I should say anything or not.  In case you don’t know, a quart sized bag holds about 6  dehydrated apples.  Holy apple crack!  When is a kid ever going to eat 6 apples in one sitting?
I ended up not saying anything.  Because hey, if my kid wants to eat 6 apples… I think I must be doing something right.


Not only are apple chips the best snack on the planet, they are super easy to make.


Ingredients
6-8 large apples {I like to use Fuji or Braeburn}
2 tablespoons lemon juice
6 cups water


 
Directions
Peel, core and slice apples about 1/4 inch thick.  Soak in a solution of lemon juice and water to help prevent browning.  Remove apples from liquid and place on trays.  Dehydrate according to the manufactures directions on your food dehydrator {it takes about 6 hours at 135 degrees in my food dehydrator}.  When apples are finished dehydrating, let them set out out for about 30 minutes before bagging them up.

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

25 Best Recipes



Popular Articles

Sedona vs Excalibur