Saturday 28 March 2015

Dried Apricots from Hollywood Homestead


We are lucky enough to have a mature Apricot tree in the back yard, and now with the addition of our dog Lucy to the family the squirrels no longer bother them.  This year we have a bumper crop of apricots, so we can’t eat them as fast as they drop…so we make our own organic dried apricots!  They are great for snacks on the go, if you can keep the kids from eating them as you’re making them!

  IMG_0441
What you need:
  • Apricots
  • A dehydrator 

I take the kids out with me and have them help me pick the fruit, they love getting their hands dirty!  The ripe fruit literally falls into the picker, if it doesn’t want to fall, don’t force it.
IMG_0435
IMG_0436
Wash and split the apricots in half.
IMG_0439
Now all you have to do is lay them out on your dehydrator trays and turn on your machine!  I set mine at 140° for 16 hours.  I ended up taking everything out at around 14 hours.  I put them in a bag, and then two hours later they were completely gone.  Next time, I’m hiding them!
IMG_0464

Thanks a lot: http://www.hollywoodhomestead.com/
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

25 Best Recipes



Popular Articles

Sedona vs Excalibur